I have quite a few extensions installed for my Firefox, some of which I cannot do without, and some others that make me wonder what I was thinking when I installed them. Here's a list, in no particular order.
For the surfer in me
- GMail Notifier - I've almost substituted this by a Konfabulator widget that does a much better job, but this is still rather useful.
- Bloglines Toolkit - Because I'm such a Bloglines fan.
- Mouse Gestures - I admit I'm lazy. And that this is really cool.
- LiveLines - I never really liked LiveBookmarks anyway.
- Dictionary Search - Cause my English sucks.
For the web-developer in me
- DOM Inspector - Always nice to have this around, though I've still to learn to use this well.
- ieview- Saves me a lot of URL copy-pasting to check my designs in IE.
- Web Developer - Simply indespensible. It's probably the single most important reason to develop for Firefox, second only to the whole standards thing. This is probably more important than even a good code editor!
- ColorZilla - For the times when I've forgotten my color codes, or am too lazy to go through that dreaded CSS file again. Or when you just want to steal that cool color. (Wait. Did I just say that?)
- Google-Preview - I actually liked this at one time, and was actually using it, until realization dawned upon me that this takes up more bandwidth than it deserves.
- Mozilla Calendar - It's really cool. For what?
- BugMeNot - I haven't tried, but does this work with my pr0n sites?
- SpellBound - Neat idea, but I only wish it wasn't so clunky.
- fireFTP - I almost fell in love with Firefox all over again thanks to this extension, until I found a bug that didn't let me see my .htaccess file. And, boy, do I need to play with my .htaccess a lot!
Which are your favourite extensions? Maybe I should use some that you are using to simplify my work? Share your list in the comments.